Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Message from Kirstin Beck

Hi Everyone,

Many of you have met my daughter Kirstin who has been working for the store on Saturday mornings.  Some of you have purchased items off the donation shelves in the back.  If anyone would like to help Kirstin raise money for her trip to Ethiopia (read below for details), she would love donations of unwanted scrapbook supplies for her shelves.  You could also purchase one of the bracelets or necklaces that she has back on her shelves.   At this point, she and my husband need to raise about $1800 more in 41 days.  Any help or prayers would be greatly appreciated. 

Dear Customers,In June, I, Kirstin Beck, will be traveling to Korah, Ethiopia. I got selected to be one of the 15 people from my church, LifePoint, going on this trip. God has placed a consuming desire in my heart for this place. I can’t stop thinking about Ethiopia. I’ve been seeing signs everywhere from God. When I am reading my bible the words “Korah” and “Ethiopia” come up. I am literally waking up in the middle of the night excited about Ethiopia. Before being selected for this trip, I was asking God to place an “Aaron” (Exodus 4:10-17) on this trip, since I was scared. Sure enough, my dad and my best friend, Emily McCormick, are coming too! Crazy things have been happening that are pointing me to Korah.

As you may know, I started an association called HOPE Project. So far I have risen thousands of dollars for charity. HOPE Project partners with an amazing Christian organization called Mission Ethiopia – which happens to be the organization my church is partnering with for this trip! Mission Ethiopia is an empowerment program that supplies men and woman in Korah with a job. So I will actually be able see the people I’m helping from the money I’ve raised.

Korah was formed by lepers seeking treatment. Right now there are approximately 100,000 people living in the trash dump in Korah. The people live, eat, and sleep in the trash dump. Seeing videos of the people swarming the new trash truck dumping trash breaks my heart. It’s crazy how much stuff we throw away; they are literally living off of that. These people are God’s children too, and I want to help them.

I am writing you this letter to invite you to play a part in my dreams, what God is doing in my life, what God is doing through LifePoint, and most importantly what God is already doing in Ethiopia. Above everything, if you could keep our team and the people in Ethiopia in your prayers, I would really appreciate it. Beyond your prayers, if you would like to financially support me, I would be grateful. I need to raise $2,300 by June. You can send financial support (tax-deductible) too. Please make checks payable to LifePoint Church and in the memo line please write “Ethiopia/Kirstin/Shon Beck” Thank you!!! Can’t wait to see what God is going to do in Ethiopia!

Love,

Kirstin Beck


No comments: