Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Last 2 Days for Bag Lady Bonus Discount, Wacky Wednesday Cards, New Simple Stories & Basic Grey

Hi Everyone,

I hope you had a great Labor Day Weekend.  It seems strange that the kids are back in school and summer is over.   I guess that means it is time to play with our crafts!  

Our UPS man was late today so we only had time to put out the new Basic Grey Fall and Christmas lines.  First thing tomorrow morning, the Lisa's will be checking in the 3 new lines of Simple Stories.  

I know it is last minute but we now have tickets to the ScrapScrap Art Tour.  They are $5 at the store and $6 at the Door.   I hate to disappoint my scrappers but this show is predominately for stampers.


September 7 - September 8, 2013

photo-4


Location:

Carroll County Ag Center
706 Agriculture Center New Exhibition Hall
Westminster, MD 21157


Three New Simple Stories Lines!



New Basic Grey Persimmon and 25th and Pine



































Wacky Wednesday Cards

It's time for some card making!  Tina and Lisa Halstead both designed great cards for you to make.  Available all day Wednesdaay and Thursday.  Just $2 each





































Tracy's Canvas Experiment

I have been busy in my spare time playing on canvases.  This one is a 5x7 canvas that I primed with gesso, layered book pages and tissue paper over.  I watered down 3 shades of blue Adarondak paints to create the wash of blue background.   Stencils and modeling creme were used to create the raised circles and triangles.  To add color to the dried modeling creme, I smoothed on gelatos with my finger to blend.   White glue was used to add the piece of burlap.  After a coating of gesso, a spritz of Dylusions dyed the burlap to the darker blue.   Faber Castell Big Brush Pens can be used to add highlights and shadows.  They stay a bit wet so they were able to be blended with my finger.  The Butterflies were stamped on paper that I had gesso'ed both sides of and were colored with the Stampers Big Brush pens.  To finish it off, I added some rubons. 


































No comments: