|“Beautiful cards! I would love to have a tutorial on a presentation envelope for my dimensional cards. My friends loved their birthday cards but I just handed them the cards. I would love a deminsional envelope that I could make out of matching paper. Thank you. -Debra|
Dear all, I make lots of cards using 3D flowers on it and there is always a question, how to handover it to the person. Most of the people use plastic bags. But here is a wonderful way to present this card in matching boxed envelope.
I hope this tutorial will be helpful to you. I am giving all the measurements and instructions for standard A2 size card which measures 5.5" X 4.25". If you like this tutorial and you want me to give in certain sizes feel free to ask.
Material : 12X12 paper, Glue, Cutter, Score board, corner punch (optional), pair of scissors.
Instructions: 1. First cut the paper in size of 9"X 9" using your paper cutter.
2. Then get the score board and use the extension comes with it for making envelops ( Martha Stewart cutter has this additional triangular shape measuring thing)
a. Get your paper on the score board and score on 3 5/8" and 4 1/8 " (not pictured) b. Turn the paper at 90 degrees and score at 2 3/4" and 3 1/4"
3. Turn again and score at 3 5/8" and 4 1/8 " and then last turn and score at 2 3/4" and 3 1/4." So your two opposite sides are large and two sides are small.
4. Your score lines will look like this when you done your scoring job.
Now if you want you can trim all 4 corners or just top and bottom corner in round or any of your choice shape.
5. Now please look at the pencil marked triangles. We need to cut two of the small triangles from both side of the bottom and whole both large triangles on top....hope you got it ;-)
6. Then your envelope shape will look like this.
7. Now just cut those bottom squares like this. Do not cut all the way. But if you cut it all the way do not worry still your box is safe. But just for extra sturdiness we just need to keep them.
8. Now fold all the score lines and it is now getting in shape :-)
9. Assemble your box using strong glue or sticky tape inside the bottom fold on both edges and also on those two square notches.
10. Here you go...isn't this easy, neat and pretty :-)
11. My beautiful card using handmade 3d flowers and Matching Envelope
Perfectly fit and ready to present...
You can even decorate the envelope from out side using flowers, sentiments, ribbons....options are limitless.
Now no more worries of presenting your wonderfully decorated dimensional cards. Have fun !!